Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Since most people seem to want to go to the PA/WV area (according to the poll, that is! You can still vote if you haven't yet!) here is a list of links for those places (some new, some not). I'm including New York links, because if people are looking for mountains, New York has a lot of those to offer as well! Plus New York seems to have larger houses:

Pennsylvania:
Country Barn
Woodloch Pines
Lake Wallenpaupack
Restored Hay Barn

New York:
Glenfield
The Train House
Catskills--Lady Victoria

West Virginia:
Snowshoe Mountain

Some of the links weren't working before; I think I fixed all of them now...

11 comments:

Piri said...

I'm getting an error on those vamoose links.

Hallie Jo said...

i know. i just changed them so that they worked but then my internet cut out so I have to go fix it again.
sorry guys!

Piri said...

I like the sound of one of those ones with a Jacuzzi...but I really am not picky. How many people do we need to sleep, anyway?

Hallie Jo said...

Lets see...When I counted I got 34, I think, but that includes Torry who Haven says we should not include, and Julia and Linnea who will both still be really little. It also includes both Dana and Kirstin's families, who I haven't heard form in a while.

Piri said...

I know that Gangang said attendance was mandatory for the 50th, I am not sure if the same rule applies for the 60th.

Hallie Jo said...

Yeah. I'm planning to write Pops and Gangang a letter becuase they never seem to get my emails.

Lynnis said...

Hallie,

How about the bavarian inn in Shepherdstown WV? Shepherdstown is where the steamboat was invented and is really a cool little mountain town. It's two hours from DC and 3.5 from NJ. (I am a little biased because it's 15 minutes from my house!) http://www.bavarianinnwv.com/welcome/index.html

Lynnis said...

The inn at Jim Thorpe is also a cool place in the Lehigh valley, pa. I usually go there off season for Veterans Day. They have a tourist train through the mountains. http://www.innjt.com/

Anonymous said...

How about Berkley Springs WV? I don't know about accomodations but they do have neat natural hot springs that are fun to bath in.

Hallie Jo said...

I looked up berkeley springs, and it looks nice.
http://www.berkeleysprings.com/index.html
what do people think? are we looking for someplace like this, or somewhere a bit less touristy?

Lynnis said...

An acquaintance of mine owns The Woods Resort between Berkeley springs and Shepherdstown. Honestly I think there's more stuff to do near Shepherdstown than Berkeley springs. Lona is into the hot springs though. They aren't far apart so one could easily be a day trip to the other.