
Here are some things that I've been thinking about...
Dates: Memorial day weekend? Like, the holiday plus an extra day? Since Memorial day is always towards the end of the month, I don't think missing school would be a problem. Especially since school would already be closed May 25th for Memorial day observation. What do you think? Pops also suggested early September, but I think school would get in the way then.
Rates: The Cacapon Park's rates range from about $19-$35 per person per night, depending on where you stay. If we stay there I don't know what we would do (either rent a bunch of cabins as a group, or have each family rent a room or cabin individually). Ideas?
Celebrates: My mom's 50th birthday was Saturday...her actual party is the 5th. Which is also Gordon's birthday. Kathleen's birthday was the 25th.
Mates: (as in "A person with whom one is in close association" or "a good friend or companion", I'm having fun rhyming!) Pops and Gangang think it would be nice to invite Lynn and co., and Dawn.
Delegates: Eventually we're going to have to figure out who is going to do what...e.g. last time Lona did the T-shirts (do we want T-shirts again or something like that?), someone got magic tricks as goddy bags, someone made a booklet with P&GG related puzzles, etc...I'm thinking what we will need to figure out are day trips/activities, meals, and such. But we don't really have to figure that out yet.
Congregates: It sounds like a lot of us will be meeting up (congregating!) in Chapel Hill for Roalie's party in April. We're planning on going and hitting a college while we're down there on Monday.
Evaluates: (or rather, evaluation) If we do this in May, which, unless there are some serious objections, that seems to be the direction we are heading in, we have approximately 13/13.5 months! So we still have a while to figure everything out.
Family traits: (ok I couldn't think of a rhyme that really made sense) I want to make a big family tree (with information and names, not just the quilt with handprints from the last one). Does anyone have any suggestions on this? I was thinking of making one on a sheet but I don't really know how I would get the information on...So is there anything anyone wants to narrate, negate or debate?
2 comments:
how 'bout masticate or conflagrate?
nice discussion!
innes
I agree that Roal's BD will be a good time to make a lot of the decisions. Can you bring printed out data on the most favorably recieved options.
Post a Comment